Construction projects are often high risk with tight profit margins, and so resolving them efficiently is important. We work with our clients before the dispute at the contract stage, during construction, and after to help solve complicated construction issues and disputes with the least possible amount of disruption, delay, or expense.
Whether through negotiation, litigation, or arbitration, our priority is to guide our clients through the dispute resolution process and pursue legal solutions that protect our clients’ investments, as well as their relationships in the construction world.
Our construction lawyers have experience in a wide variety of construction disputes including:
- Contract construction, drafting, and negotiations
- Master Service Agreement preparation
- Additional insured/indemnity disputes
- Bid disputes
- Bond and lien claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Change order and scope claims
- Construction defect claims
- Cost overrun and extra work claims
- Default and termination disputes
- Defective plans and specifications
- Delay, acceleration, impact, and liquidated damage issues
- Design professional disputes
- Differing and changing site condition issues
- Force majeure events
- Industrial and offshore claims
- Insurance coverage issues
- Jobsite injuries, including premises liability and toxic tort matters
- Maritime injury in the construction industry
- Materials failures
- OSHA investigations and post-accident investigations
- Payment and performance issues
- Risk management issues
- Subcontractor disputes
- Surety claims
- Surveying errors
- Warranty issues
We serve clients involved in a broad array of private and public construction projects. Our clients include owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, developers, suppliers and vendors, and construction consulting and management firms.
We have handled disputes concerning construction or modification of everything from pipelines and refineries to commercial and residential projects to highways. Our lawyers have extensive experience pursuing claims for non-payment, delay, and termination of contracts from all perspectives.
And, when someone gets hurt, our lawyers have the skills to investigate accidents, pursue insurance coverage and defend against catastrophic injury claims.