Gregg C. Laswell
General civil litigation, including extensive experience in class actions, energy, professional liability, and securities law; Appellate Practice; Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Texas A & M University (B.S.Ch.E., 1979); University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 1983).
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers for Business Litigation(2005-2010, 2014-2020), Thomson Reuters Legal and Texas Monthly magazine
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation.
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, 2020
Securities Fraud Litigation. Lead counsel representing former officers and directors of public company sued in securities fraud class action filed by Milberg Weiss. Case dismissed; affirmed on appeal at 342 F.3d 563.
Internal Corporate Investigations. Conducted investigation of allegations of accounting fraud for a major public company and interacted with the SEC in connection with its investigation.
Gas Contract and Gas Pipeline Litigation. Extensive experience representing natural gas pipeline companies including United Gas Pipe Line Company, Palo Duro Pipeline Company, United Texas Transmission Company, Lone Star Gas Company, El Paso Natural Gas Company, American Pipeline Company, and Transcontinental Gas Pipe Line in gas contract litigation (including take or pay disputes) and royalty litigation.
Burlington Resources Peru, Ltd. v. Occidental Exploration Del Peru, Ltd. Arbitration proceeding for Burlington. Dispute involved governing operating agreements for production on Block 64 in Peru and Burlington 's right to withdraw. Prevailed on all claims and recovered attorneys' fees.
DTE Energy Company v. American Central Gas Companies, Inc. Lead counsel for DTE Energy in a multi-million dollar arbitration involving disputes over operations of jointly owned gathering and processing facilities. Settled very favorably for DTE.
Wilson v. Uttco. Lead counsel in a suit brought by royalty owners against the pipeline purchaser of gas. Obtained summary judgment in the trial court, which was affirmed on appeal at 797 S.W.2d 231.
- Appellate Practice [ Learn More ]
- Business Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Commercial Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Environmental Litigation [ Learn More ]
- International Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Labor and Employment Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Construction Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Offshore Energy Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Oil & Gas Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Securities Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Toxic Torts [ Learn More ]
- Trade Secrets [ Learn More ]
- Transportation Litigation [ Learn More ]