For more than eight years, Abbie’s practice has focused on representing businesses and individuals in a broad range of commercial and business disputes, as well as construction and real estate, bankruptcy, and employment matters. Abbie frequently handles cases involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and misrepresentation, tortious interference, theft and conversion, trademark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, and breach of non-disclosure and non-compete agreements. She assists clients in all different industries, including construction, oil and gas, finance, industrial and consumer product manufacturing, retail sales, and real estate.
Abbie’s commitment to excellence has earned her recognition every year since 2016 on the Texas Rising Stars list as published by Thomson Reuters. She is also a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas.
Abbie is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts and the Federal District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Western, and Northern Districts of Texas. She also maintains memberships in several professional organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Texas Bar Association, and the Houston Bar Association. She is also a member of the Houston Association of Women Attorneys.
Abbie graduated from Texas Tech University, earning her Bachelor of Arts with honors studies in 2006, and graduated from the University Of Houston Law Center, earning her Juris Doctor in 2010. After graduating from law school, Abbie joined one of Houston’s top construction law firms, where she practiced until 2016, when she joined Hicks Thomas LLP.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2010
- B.A., with Honors Studies, Texas Tech University, 2006
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
- Named to the Texas Rising Stars listing, published by Thomson Reuters, every year since 2016
- Received the Dean’s Lex Award for Excellence in Legal Writing, University of Houston Law Center
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, College of the State Bar of Texas
- Liens & Bond Claims, Construction Law & Ethics Course, Construction Management Department, University of Houston