Robin L. HarrisonPartner
For more than 35 years, Robin Harrison’s practice has focused on representing both plaintiffs and defendants in trial and in the resolution of business disputes. He has extensive experience handling cases involving breach of fiduciary duties, breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, fraud and misrepresentation, and professional liability disputes. He has assisted numerous clients in several different industries, including construction, oil and gas, banking and investment firms, computer software development, industrial and consumer product manufacturing, and real estate.
Mr. Harrison is board-certified in civil trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. His commitment to excellence has earned him an AV® Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, recognition as a “Texas Super Lawyer” by Texas Monthly Magazine every year since 2004, and recognition as a “Leading Individual in Texas Litigation” by Chambers and Partners Publishing. In addition, the National Trial Lawyers Association has selected him as a member of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Harrison is a member of the Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts, the Federal District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Texas, and the Fifth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals. He maintains memberships in a host of professional organizations, including the Texas Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the Houston Bar Association, at which he served as a Director of the Litigation Section from 1997 to 2001. He is also a member of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association, where he was Director from 2002 to 2004.
Mr. Harrison is also an active contributor to publications and speaker at continuing legal education conferences of the Houston Bar Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Texas’s Business Torts Institute, and the American Bar Association, to name a few.
Mr. Harrison is a graduate of the University of Michigan, earning his Bachelor of Arts degree in economics with high honors in 1978 and his Juris Doctorate degree in 1981. After graduating from law school, he joined one of Houston's top law firms, and then moved to the premier litigation firm, Miller Keeton Bristow & Brown, where he became partner in 1987. He went on to found Campbell Harrison & Dagley L.L.P. in 1991 where he practiced until 2016, when he joined the team at Hicks Thomas LLP.
- $34,200,000 jury verdict against NYSE company in favor of equity investors and subsidiary company president in action for breach of contract for the sale of the subsidiary, wrongful termination and defamation of company president.
- $11,300,000 class action recovery for investors in case against national accounting firm for securities fraud.
- $6,000,000 recovery for seller of a business against national accounting firm in action for fraud and misrepresentation arising out of purchaser's default under purchase agreement.
- $4,000,000 recovery for minor child in products liability suit against automobile manufacturer, dealer and service company for negligence and products liability resulting in catastrophic burn injuries.
- Defense jury verdict in trademark and trade dress infringement suit brought by former distributor against national construction equipment manufacturer.
- Defense of Fortune 500 oilfield equipment manufacturer in international arbitration proceeding against claims that late equipment deliveries caused lost drilling contracts.
- Defense of offshore oil and gas drilling company in personal injury action arising out of rig construction accident in Singapore.
- JD, 1981, BA, 1978, University of Michigan, high honors, high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation and Oil and Gas Law
- Recognized as a Leading Individual in Texas Business Litigation by Chambers and Partners Publishing
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer in Business Litigation by Texas Monthly Magazine every year since 2004
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- American, Texas and Houston Bar Associations
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Appellate Practice [ Learn More ]
- Business Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Commercial Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Environmental Litigation [ Learn More ]
- International Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Labor and Employment Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Construction Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Offshore Energy Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Oil & Gas Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Securities Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Toxic Torts [ Learn More ]
- Trade Secrets [ Learn More ]
- Transportation Litigation [ Learn More ]