Wade H. Whilden, Jr.Of Counsel
Mr. Whilden began his legal career at one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in Houston, Texas. In an era where even seasoned lawyers frequently have minimal courtroom experience, Mr. Whilden stood out by trying 5 cases to juries in his first 2.5 years of practice, including 2 cases where he was first chair. In 1997 Mr. Whilden left Andrews and Kurth with several other litigators and became a founding member of Hicks Thomas LLP. In his early years at Hicks Thomas LLP Mr. Whilden was involved in complex commercial litigation in Texas and other states, including sophisticated environmental contamination lawsuits in Texas and California as well as defense of multiple fortune 500 companies defending against asbestos and other mass torts. Mr. Whilden was also instrumental in his early years at Hicks Thomas LLP in developing systems to track and manage the prosecution of, and actively involved in managing the day-to-day operations of, mass tort drug litigations including phen phen and resulin. Mr. Whilden is currently part of a practice group within Hicks Thomas LLP that prosecutes cases on behalf of victims of abuse, personal injury, wrongful death, and defective products. Mr. Whilden's practice at Hicks Thomas LLP is currently focused primarily on prosecuting individual plaintiffs' cases, including medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, industrial accidents, and other wrongful death and personal injury cases. Mr. Whilden also has a legal practice separate and apart from Hicks Thomas LLP where he focusses on mass tort litigation.
Personal: Mr. Whilden and his wife Tonia have 3 children, currently ages 5, 7, and 10.
- University of Texas (B.B.A., Marketing, 1990)
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 1994)
- Georgetown Law School, 1994.
Mr. Whilden has been selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers list on three separate years. This listing appeared in Thomson Reuters legal and Texas Monthly magazine. In 2013 Mr. Whilden was lead trial counsel in a Texas medical malpractice case that resulted in the first multi-million dollar medical malpractice verdict in Harris County Texas in many years (verdict in excess of $4.3 million). Mr. Whilden was named Texas Lawyer of the Month for 2013. The verdict was 1 of only 3 Texas medical malpractice verdicts in Texas in excess of $1 million that year and was selected to the prestigious list known as the Top 25 Texas Verdicts for the year.
- Founding member of A.A. White Inns of Court
- American Trial Lawyer Association
- Texas Municipal Courts Association
- President of the Forest Club in Houston, 2012
- Appellate Practice [ Learn More ]
- Business Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Commercial Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Environmental Litigation [ Learn More ]
- International Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Labor and Employment Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Construction Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Offshore Energy Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Oil & Gas Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Securities Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Toxic Torts [ Learn More ]
- Trade Secrets [ Learn More ]
- Transportation Litigation [ Learn More ]