Allison Fisher joined Hicks Thomas LLP as an associate in 2010. Her practice focuses on a range of commercial litigation matters, with extensive experience in environmental and business litigation. Mrs. Fisher plays a critical role in drafting pleadings and motions, conducting discovery, taking depositions, and collaborating with other members of the trial team to prepare complex cases for trial.
Mrs. Fisher takes a creative approach to problem-solving in all steps of litigation. Prior to law school, she majored in theater at the University of Texas at Austin and worked in theater management positions at theater organizations such as The Society for the Performing Arts in Houston, The Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., and the Roundabout Theater in New York. Although she found this work rewarding, her interests began to shift to the legal work she performed for these organizations. Mrs. Fisher’s unique background in theater coupled with her legal experience makes her a successful litigator and an essential part of the Hicks Thomas team.
At the University of Texas, Mrs. Fisher was part of Phi Beta Kappa. While attending the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law she was the associate managing editor of the International Law Review. Her educational background includes:
- University of Texas in Austin (B.F.A., summa cum laude, 2007)
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- International Law Review
- Published Case Note: Mexico City Legalizes Abortion, 16 L & Bus. Rev. of Am. 119 (2010)
Attorney Fisher is proud to be in good standing with various bar associations, and hold various awards and accolades including:
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Bar Foundation
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
R.R. Street & Co. Inc. (2010-present)
Since her time at Hicks Thomas LLP, Mrs. Fisher has worked on various matters involving the defense of a dry cleaning detergent and process additive manufacturer in which lead counsel has defended against various product liability, nuisance, negligence, and trespass claims. The team has defeated hundreds of millions of dollars in claims brought against the company in cases filed in California, New York, and New Jersey. Mrs. Fisher’s work on these matters includes drafting and responding to discovery, conducting legal research, contributing to brief and motion writing, taking and defending countless depositions, attending status conferences, and managing retained and consulting experts.
City of Modesto Redevelopment Agency v. Dow Chemical Co. et al.; California Water Service Co. v. Dow Chemical Co. et al.; Suffolk County Water Authority v. Dow Chemical Co. et al.; Joseph Battista et al. v. EnviroTech International, Inc. et al.; Parker et al. v. Does.
- Appellate Practice [ Learn More ]
- Business Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Commercial Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Environmental Litigation [ Learn More ]
- International Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Labor and Employment Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Construction Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Offshore Energy Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Oil & Gas Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Securities Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Toxic Torts [ Learn More ]
- Trade Secrets [ Learn More ]
- Transportation Litigation [ Learn More ]