Our clients regularly turn to us when the stakes are high. Trust, confidence, and experience give us the edge.
A sampling of notable matters includes:
Gulf Oil Disaster
The BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico not only wreaked environmental havoc, but the unprecedented spill had far reaching commercial consequences as well. Hicks Thomas was retained by one of the world's largest offshore drilling contractors to address these issues on its behalf. Among the matters being handled by the firm is litigation against BP for reneging on contracts for vessels to be provided to support cleanup efforts.
When allegations of improper energy trading practices touched off numerous government investigations and civil lawsuits, the outside directors of this venerable Houston energy firm turned to Hicks Thomas for assistance in navigating through the crisis.
International Oil Rights
Facing Texas state court litigation and multi-venue international arbitration, the Croatian national oil company, INA Naftaplin, relied on Hicks Thomas to handle all facets of this dispute involving the oil rights in vast Syrian oil concessions. The case was resolved after trial phases in New York, Houston, and London.
High Stakes Finance
After litigation erupted between joint venture partners engaged in developing one of the world's largest credit card portfolios, Hicks Thomas was tapped by JP Morgan Chase to try this fast-track international arbitration.
Industry-Wide Antitrust Litigation
Hicks Thomas fended off nationwide class action lawsuits alleging an industry-wide conspiracy to fix oil prices on behalf of multiple energy clients.
National Trial Counsel
Numerous clients have engaged trial teams at Hicks Thomas to act as national trial counsel on their behalf. As a result, our attorneys have been called upon to lead trials from coast to coast, including California, New York, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Illinois.
- Appellate Practice [ Learn More ]
- Business Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Commercial Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Environmental Litigation [ Learn More ]
- International Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Labor and Employment Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Construction Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Offshore Energy Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Oil & Gas Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Securities Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Toxic Torts [ Learn More ]
- Trade Secrets [ Learn More ]
- Transportation Litigation [ Learn More ]