International arbitration is unique. From the nature of the parties, to the complexity of the issues, to the rules, laws, and procedures used to resolve the dispute, international arbitration presents unique issues and challenges. This is why, for an international arbitral matter, you need counsel with experience handling international arbitration.
Hicks Thomas's lawyers have experience handling international arbitrations involving all kinds of commercial disputes, including disputes encompassing drilling contracts, maritime contracts, oil and gas exploration agreements, construction contracts, joint operating agreements, and other commercial relationships. When necessary, our lawyers will partner with foreign legal counsel to resolve international disputes.
Hicks Thomas's lawyers have represented clients in international arbitrations before major arbitral institutions, such as the International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) and the Permanent Court of Arbitration at The Hague (PCA), as well as ad-hoc arbitrations. In addition to proceedings under the Federal Arbitration Act (FAA), the New York Convention on Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards, and various bilateral investment treaties, we have experience arbitrating under the rules of the International Rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), the Nigerian Arbitration and Conciliation Act (ACA), the International Bar Association (IBA), and the Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association (HMAA).
- Appellate Practice [ Learn More ]
- Business Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Commercial Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Environmental Litigation [ Learn More ]
- International Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Labor and Employment Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Construction Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Offshore Energy Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Oil & Gas Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Securities Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Toxic Torts [ Learn More ]
- Trade Secrets [ Learn More ]
- Transportation Litigation [ Learn More ]