Construction projects are often high risk with tight profit margins, and disputes can arise at any stage of the construction process, from the negotiation of contract scope at the beginning of a project to disputes over performance during and after a project’s completion. At Hicks Thomas LLP, we’re prepared to solve complicated construction issues and disputes. Through negotiation, litigation or arbitration, we pursue legal solutions that protect our clients’ reputations and investments.
“Hicks Thomas has developed a national profile by defending big-name clients and aggressively taking on – and winning – cases that many consider unpopular or unwinnable.”
Proof of performance
The construction practice at Hicks Thomas LLP serves clients involved in all phases of private and public construction projects, and our clients include owners, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, developers, suppliers and vendors, and construction consulting and management firms.
- Additional insured/indemnity disputes
- Bid disputes
- Bond and lien claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Change order and scope claims
- Construction defect claims
- Cost overrun and extra work claims
- Contract drafting and negotiations
- Default and termination disputes
- Defective plans and specifications
- Delay, acceleration, impact and liquidated damage issues
- Design professional disputes
- Differing and changing site condition issues
- Industrial and offshore claims
- Insurance coverage issues
- Jobsite injuries
- Maritime injury in the construction industry
- Materials failures
- OSHA investigations and post-accident investigations
- Payment and performance issues
- Risk management issues
- Subcontractor disputes
- Surety claims
- Surveying errors
- Warranty issues
What we offer
Trusted, tenacious and talented trial & appellate lawyers with extensive nationwide litigation experience:
- An efficient, effective team focused on your case and your business objectives.
- A client-centric approach to communications and administrative issues.
- A commitment to winning without breaking your legal budget.
Our Construction Litigation Team
Every lawyer at our firm works intently with clients to ensure that we have a strong understanding of their unique needs, industry requirements, and business objectives. Hicks Thomas is dedicated to providing the strongest and most cost-effective representation of your concerns and rights for the highest possible return. Click the photos below to view each attorney’s history and professional experience.
What can you expect from Hicks Thomas?
Just ask our clients. They’ll tell you that we are sophisticated legal strategists and creative problem solvers. You’ll also find that we bring a unique perspective to every case. And, we get results.
Our proven track record allows our clients peace of mind, especially when stakes are high. We have the capacity and depth to handle the most complex business matters. At the same time, we embrace our clients’ needs for financial certainty and predictability. Ultimately, we are focused on providing personalized attention to you and the needs of your company.
- Appellate Practice [ Learn More ]
- Business Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Commercial Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Environmental Litigation [ Learn More ]
- International Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Labor and Employment Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Construction Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Offshore Energy Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Oil & Gas Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Securities Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Toxic Torts [ Learn More ]
- Trade Secrets [ Learn More ]
- Transportation Litigation [ Learn More ]