Teresa is an accomplished executive, certified mediator, and attorney with nearly 30 years of experience as a trusted adviser and consultant to senior leadership, board members, and business partners. Relying upon her decades of experience as a human resources executive and in-house counsel, Teresa focuses her legal practice on the resolution of employment and labor disputes. Teresa effectively guides clients through the complex legal and regulatory environment while maintaining focus on a client’s overall business objectives.
Teresa’s practical and hands-on experience includes serving as a senior Human Resources executive and a strategic partner for Fortune 500 companies, Tier 1 institutions of higher education, and various non-profit organizations. Teresa’s core knowledge and expertise include compensation and benefits plan design and administration, talent and performance management, employee relations and retention, succession planning, leadership training, employee training, and organizational development, all tailored to advance the client’s goals. Clients appreciate Teresa’s timely and strategic advice and value her ability to establish rapport with everyone with whom she interacts.
Teresa founded The Hudson Law Group in 2006, where she has represented clients before numerous regulatory agencies and in all phases of litigation brought under various federal and state statutes, including the Fair Labor and Standards Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (as amended), the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, Title IX of the Civil Rights Act, and the Texas Labor Code. In 2021, Teresa and the Firm formed a synergistic, collaborative alliance to benefit their respective client bases.
- Tulane University
- B.A., Social Sciences with a minor Human Resources Management
- Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- Successfully defended an employer through a multi-million-dollar class action filed under the Private Attorney General Act (PAGA) and settled the matter for 5% of what the class sought.
- Successfully defended PEO organization in regulatory litigation before U.S. Department of Labor.
- Successfully guided large, regional homebuilder to a "defense costs" settlement in a contentious, lengthy litigation.
- Defended employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, and the Texas Workforce Commission in claims ranging from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation while employing tactics to significantly reduce exposure.
- Guided employer through multiple adversarial proceedings before the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing while achieving settlements for less than 10% of the complainant’s demands.
- Guided several clients through labor and employment challenges caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic while designing and implementing the clients' initial response and internal program/processes to ensure compliance with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the CARES Act.