Ideas, processes, designs, and branding are all important components of any business. Oftentimes, the world of intellectual property can be confusing to everyone from new business owners to seasoned executives. As an experienced intellectual property attorney, Kristi guides clients through that confusion and shows them how to protect and use their intellectual property to their advantage. Through due diligence, registration, licensing, and litigation Kristi works tirelessly to ensure her clients’ intellectual property and business are safeguarded. When litigation arises, Kristi’s main priority is providing aggressive representation that will effectively and efficiently solve clients' problems.
Whether a client needs to protect a new idea or brand, enforce intellectual property rights, or defend allegations of infringement, Kristi uses creative problem solving to put her clients in the best position possible.
- Loyola Marymount University
- University of San Diego School of Law
- J.D., cum laude
- Senior Editor, Journal of Energy and Climate Change
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- State Bar of California
- United States District Courts for the Southern, Central, and Northern Districts of California
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2021
- State Bar of Texas Intellectual Property Law Section Committee Chair
- Represents commercial chemicals company in trademark and copyright infringement suit against former distributor.
- Represents national recruiting company in trademark opposition and infringement litigation against competitor.
- Represented large construction company in trademark litigation against an architect using the same name and resolved the matter in client’s favor after extensive motion practice and an evidentiary hearing in federal court for injunctive relief.
- Defended national juice company against an international beverage company claiming one of the juice names infringed on a registered trademark and successfully resolved the matter before trial.
- Represented commercial chemicals company in trade secret and trademark litigation against formula inventor and resolved the matter in chemicals company’s favor at a pre-suit mediation.
- Represented HVAC company in trademark litigation against smaller company using a confusingly similar name and logo and successfully resolved the matter at mediation after aggressive discovery practice.
- Represented commercial chemicals company in trade secret and related litigation against investors and successfully resolved the matter at mediation after depositions.
- Defended construction company against architect claiming the construction company infringed on its copyrights by using its plans and successfully resolved the matter after filing a motion for summary judgment.
- Represented a national construction company against an architect claiming copyright infringement and successfully resolved the matter prior to any motions practice by using aggressive and persuasive discovery tactics.
- Represented photography company in copyright infringement claims against architect company using unlicensed photos to advertise on its website and successfully resolved the matter at mediation.
- June 2020 – HalfMoon Education – “Understanding the Law of Architectural Copyright”
- June 2020 – State Bar of Texas IP Section and USPTO – “Trademark Boot Camp – Enforcement”