FRED KNAPP, JR.
State and federal court civil litigation, and commercial litigation with decades of experience in federal and state class actions and federal and state securities law litigation.
Southern Methodist University
- BBA 1964
Dedman School of Law, Southern Methodist University
- LL.B. 1967 (Order of the Coif; Phi Alpha Delta)
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Texas Eastern District Court
- Texas Northern District Court
- Texas Southern District/Bankruptcy Court
- Texas Western District Court
- State Bar of Texas (Fellow)
- Houston Bar Association (Fellow)
- American Bar Association (Fellow)
- In re Taxable Municipal Bond Securities Litigation. Successfully defended securities fraud class action lawsuits against an indenture trustee. Case arose out of issuance of $1.8 billion of taxable municipal bonds. No settlement payment made.
- In re Rapada Securities Litigation. Successfully settled securities fraud class action lawsuit and related individual lawsuit against large Houston-based law firm, arising out of a public offering and private placement of securities. Nominal settlement payment made.
- Joe C. Norman v. Rotan Mosle et al. Lead trial counsel in jury trial against New York Stock Exchange Company that allegedly provided false inside information to plaintiffs. Obtained successful findings for client.
- Robinson v. Garcia et al. Successfully defended major bank alleged to be stakeholder of settlement funds.