Andrew is a trial-tested litigator and experienced advisor representing producers, financiers, and innovators in courts and arbitrations across the country. Andrew provides cogent, forward-thinking representation to leading energy companies, commercial insurance policyholders, and logistics companies. Andrew also provides strategic guidance using insurance coverage and government policy expertise that anticipates clients’ needs and identifies regulatory and litigation risks long before they interrupt operations or thwart strategic goals.
Andrew’s incisive writing helps clients achieve impressive results during mediation, in arbitration, and at trial.
His portfolio of clear, concise writing reflects the diversity of his practice:
- Prevailing on and defeating motions to dismiss and summary judgments in state and federal courts across the country;
- Obtaining and defending against exclusion of technical and damages experts in construction, commercial, and patent cases in state and federal court;
- Seeking, resisting, and securing emergency injunctive relief in copyright and commercial contract cases;
- Establishing liability and proving damages in post-hearing briefing for arbitration of claims arising out of the construction of chemical processing plant;
- Defending against fraudulent and breach of contract claims arising from the divestiture of oil and gas producing properties;
- Analyzing insurance policies and indemnity agreements to provide straightforward, accessible guidance to clients after they have been sued or suffered a loss;
- Appealing verdicts in jury trials and the decisions of trial courts and administrative bodies; and
- Compelling production of electronically stored and financial information and protecting clients’ proprietary and confidential information from discovery.
Andrew also navigates the fast-moving, ever-developing jurisprudence of software copyright enforcement so his clients can stay focused on creating high-quality, market-making products. From conducting investigative discovery to inform decision-making to obtaining injunctive relief against willful, ongoing infringers, Andrew uses federal practice to defend clients' intellectual property rights and stop software piracy.
Andrew also knows that the best way to show your commitment to others and your community is through action. Andrew previously partnered with Children at Risk and the Harris County Attorney’s office to combat human trafficking in Houston through Project AWESOME—Attorneys Working to End Sexually-Oriented Massage Establishments. He’s also a mentor for first-year law students, a 2020 Texas Bar Foundation Fellow, and a 2018 Glass Leadership Fellow through the Anti-Defamation League.
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow, 2020
- Glass Leadership Fellow, Anti-Defamation League, 2018
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Insurance Recovery
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Arbitration
- Partnership and Shareholder Disputes
- Copyright Enforcement
- Drafting and Enforcing Indemnity Agreements, 2020
- An Introduction to Texas Courts for New Litigators, 2018