Katie Tipper-McWhorter is a graduate of the University of Houston Law Center, where she earned her law degree in 2012. While in school, she participated in the Moot Court Team, and was a finalist in the Annual Duberstein Moot Court Competition in 2012. Ms. Tipper-McWhorter also has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy with a minor in French from Southern Methodist University.
Ms. Tipper-McWhorter’s practice focuses on fiduciary duty litigation and complex commercial litigation. She routinely handles cases involving breach of fiduciary duties, fraud and misrepresentation, contract claims, DTPA litigation, trade secrets and non-compete agreements, probate and trust litigation, and professional liability. She has experience representing multi-national Fortune 500 companies, commercial real estate developers and landlords, oil and gas consulting firms, trust officers, banking institutions, and high net-worth individuals in all matters of estate and trust litigation.
A Houston native, Ms. Tipper-McWhorter is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts. She is a member of the Texas and Houston Bar Associations, the Association of Women Attorneys Houston Chapter, and the Houston Young Lawyers Association.
Prior to working with Hicks Thomas LLP, Ms. Tipper-McWhorter served as an associate at another law firm in Texas, where she first joined the team as a law clerk in 2011. She also completed an internship in 2010 with The Honorable Diane Bull at Harris County Criminal Court in Houston.
Outside of her practice, Ms. Tipper-McWhorter enjoys traveling, reading, painting, and playing golf. She is also an avid supporter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and has volunteered her time as a team captain for the 2016 “Man & Woman of the Year” campaign, which raises funds for blood cancer in honor of LLS survivors. She has also served as a volunteer at Texas Children’s Hospital.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2012)
- Southern Methodist University (B.A., 2008)
Nominated for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Woman of the Year in 2014
- Sits on the board for Our Lady of Guadalupe School
- Junior League of Houston
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Association of Women Attorneys Houston Chapter
- Appellate Practice [ Learn More ]
- Business Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Commercial Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Environmental Litigation [ Learn More ]
- International Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Labor and Employment Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Construction Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Offshore Energy Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Oil & Gas Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Securities Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Toxic Torts [ Learn More ]
- Trade Secrets [ Learn More ]
- Transportation Litigation [ Learn More ]