Fred M. Knapp, Jr.Retired Partner
Fred M. Knapp, Jr. has extensive experience in class action and federal and state security law litigations as well as professional liability cases. Knapp attended Southern Methodist University receiving his B.A.A in 1964 and his L.L.B. in 1967.He was a member of the scholastic society called Order of the Coif and part of Phi Alpha Delta.
Commercial litigation, including professional liability, and extensive
experience in class actions and federal and state securities law litigation.
EducationSouthern Methodist University (BBA, 1964; LL.B., 1967) (Order of the Coif, Phi Alpha Delta).
AwardsFellow, American, Texas and Houston Bar Foundations.
- Fellow at Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow at American Bar Foundation
- Fellow at the Houston Bar Foundation
In re Taxable Municipal Bond Securities Litigation
Knapp successfully defended security fraud class action lawsuits filed against an indenture trustee. The case arose out of issuance of $1.8 billion of taxable municipal bonds and resulted in a nominal settlement payment.
In re Rapada Securities Litigation
Knapp successfully settled security fraud class action lawsuit and related individual lawsuits against large Houston-based law firms which arose from public offering and private placement of securities. The settlement payment made was nominal.
Joe C. Norman v. Rotan Mosle et al
Knapp served as the lead counsel in a jury trial against the New York Stock Exchange Company who allegedly provided false inside information to plaintiffs. He was able to obtain successful findings for the client.
Robinson v. Garcia et al
Knapp successfully defended a major bank who was allegedly a stakeholder of settlement funds.
- Appellate Practice [ Learn More ]
- Business Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Commercial Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Environmental Litigation [ Learn More ]
- International Arbitration [ Learn More ]
- Labor and Employment Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Construction Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Offshore Energy Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Oil & Gas Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Securities Litigation [ Learn More ]
- Toxic Torts [ Learn More ]
- Trade Secrets [ Learn More ]
- Transportation Litigation [ Learn More ]